Paradise Bay Tournament
Like years past, the Paradise Bay Tournament benefits the Oak Orchard Boys & Girls Club and the FPO benefits the Beebe Tunnell Cancer Center! We are very thankful for all of our anglers who participate in these 2 charity events making them such a huge success! You are giving back to our local organizations in a BIG way and we want to show you our appreciation in a BIG way by increasing our $ PRIZES and creating more of them! It’s such a good feeling for all of us here at Paradise to see your smiling faces holding those winning checks on stage!
So start requesting those dates off from work now and book your stay in one of the Pot-Nets Vacation homes just across the lagoon which includes a boat slip and a Tournament Welcome Package! (Please call 302-945-9300 for vacation home booking details)
HERE ARE THE 2020 PARADISE BAY FLOUNDER TOURNAMENT DETAILS…
DATE: JULY 18th – 19th, 2020 (Captain’s meeting July 11th at 7:30pm in the Lagoon Area)
- Registration will be held June 29th – July 12th, 2020.
- This is a flounder only tournament.
- This is a bay only tournament, you may only fish in the Indian River Bay and the Rehoboth Bay. The boundary lines are the Indian River Inlet Bridge (not the end of the rocks/jetty), and the entrances to both the Rehoboth/Lewes Canal and the Assawomen Canal. Fishing beyond these boundaries will call for immediate disqualification.
- You MUST wear your t-shirt during the tournament/weigh-ins/ceremony.
- Anglers may fish from land or sea, and must have a Delaware fishing license, or be on a licensed fishing boat.
- If fishing by boat, the max number of anglers is 8/boat and everyone on the boat must be registered in the tournament.
- Lines may enter the water at 7:00am each day.
- Scales open at 4pm on the Lagoon Stage. Only one flounder may be weighed per angler/per day. If entered into the optional daily Calcutta division, this will also be your qualifying fish for that day as well. It is your responsibility to bring your heaviest fish to the scale. The fish must be weighed the day it is caught.
- Lines must be out of the water by 5:00 pm.
- Anglers must be back at Paradise Marina for weigh ins by 6:00 pm.
- All fish must be landed using rod and reel, hook and line. You must land, hook, and fight your own fish. Another angler may net your fish, however no gaffing. Must use net.
- Anglers must comply with all Federal and State of Delaware laws regarding size and number of flounder caught. The Department of Natural Resources sets the minimum size requirements for recreational summer flounder each year in Delaware.
- Winners will be determined by the weight of the flounder. In the event of a tie, length will be used to break a tie.
- Kids may qualify for one prize in the kid’s division and one prize in the overall division.
- Women may qualify for one prize in the women’s division and one prize in the overall division.
- Everyone is qualified for the Optional Daily Calcutta Division, if registered.
As many of you may remember in the 2018 Flounder Pounder Open, a team did not register for the daily calcutta division and missed out on $2,500.00!!! Don’t be that person!
This tournament is tailored for all of you bay fishing fanatics to take the family out for a great weekend of fishing and a chance to win big bucks and prizes! We love seeing all the families, kids, and locals register every year, you are what makes this tournament grow every year and we couldn’t be more thankful! We look forward to an AWESOME tournament this year as well as an AMAZING charity event!